Saturday 15 January 2011

My 2 pence: Circles



Rolling in a clique has its pros and its cons. Get the circle right and you've got a group of driven like minded people as a support system with similar goals, aspirations and outlooks on life that you can share life's better moments and milestones with.

Get it wrong and you've enrolled yourself in a circle of psychological self harm in that all your differing opinions become the grounds for arguments. Your life becomes...
gossip fodder for the outspoken members of your clique to use your information against you as currency for buying your silence. You paralyse your growth and the experience over time affects your ability to form new relationships in the future.

I guess what I'm saying is that all that glitters is not gold. Really take the time to get to know people before you give them an all access pass into your life. Also in the cases where you've let folks in and on reflection feel it was a bad call, relegate them to armslength status or worse case scenario,draw the line, wrap things amicably and sever ties.

Am I talking nonsense, or do you get where I'm coming from with this? Comments please folks. I read them all.

2 comments:

  1. You can take the time to get to know someone and years later they can still surprise the hell out of ya! Had that realization the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {SIDE NOTE} JUST THIS COMMENT WAS CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS PUBLISHED, SAID PERSON CAME ON THE NET...HMMMM, JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me