Sunday 24 February 2013

Watch: Steel River Episode 2



The second instalment of Steel River has just hit the web, peep the episode after the jump:






Glad that the ads were spaced out this episode but in terms of the show itself, I am starting to question whether the episodes are going to be too short for character development to really have a platform to shine. Also whether any of the story lines that are currently running side by side are going to intersect at any point.

I don't know about you, but as a viewer I would rather watch a 4 part series with 20 minute long episodes where you really get to know characters and the context of the situations as they play out than say 8 episodes of 10 minute shows where if you blink you'll miss the majority of what the episode was about.

Definitely an improvement on the first instalment but still a way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree!!! Steel River Could be a really great story unfolded, if the episodes were a little longer. The characters need to be tweaked more as well as the audio and visual.

    I don't know much about editing, filming at all, or any of the tech stuff, but I know quality when I see it and whatever cameras being used need better quality. Because visually, it looked like one minute it was being filmed in like that of a soap opera and then the next its like theater/mode! As I'm sure its confusing what I'm saying...because I don't know the terms technically, but again-whatever is being used for the actual filming need a better camera so that it doesn't look cheesy or cheap! And another thing, LOSE THOSE GOD-AWFUL COMMERCIALS that appear like informercials gone wild~LOL!
    Hopefully with a better budget it'll be better in the future.

    Peace!
    But the story's interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me