Monday 2 May 2011

Jaszi Alejandro from ADTV talks HIV


ADTV spokesman Jaszi Alejandro shares his HIV experience with HIV Stops With Me, an online campaign to raise awareness among young people through people living with the virus.

Peep an exerpt from Jaszi's story and more on the campaign after the jump:




The thought of me being HIV positive crossed my mind, but at that time it was my worse fear in the world, so I didn’t want to think about it. I was afraid of the stigma and possibly dying young. I went and got tested at a local adolescent clinic and about two weeks later went in for my results. That day was just like any other day and I remember it like it was yesterday. I thought I was going to be in and out the clinic quickly but when I saw the doctor walk in the room with a serious face, I got scared and nervous. He tried to tell me the good before the bad. He chatted with me for a bit about school and asked me how everything was. I can tell he was stalling. When I said, “What’s up doc? I have to get out of here, I got stuff to do.” He said, “I will get to your results in a minute. We are just waiting for the case manager.” My heart started to race.

The whole testomonial can be read here.

I was blown away by two things. 1. Jaszi is the type of guy I would date (and still would) and the thought of HIV wouldn't even cross my mind. 2. The honesty in his testament will definately reach a lot of people, I mean I'm in London and reading it just re-affirms the fact that people need to be responsible and not getting caught up in the hype of a relationship or worse still a casual encounter where you approach things unprotected. Props to him for putting himself out there to help others. Wrap it up folks!

If you follow me on twitter then you'll know I tweeted during my visit to the clinic last month, where I had the whole nine done and everything came back clear. I just figure I've got to much to accomplish in life to be playing russian roulette with my sexual health.

Find out more about the Organisation and read other inspiring testimonials here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me