Thursday 17 February 2011

Watch: The World's Worst Place To Be Gay



BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills was the focus of a BBC3 documentary titled: The Worst place in the World To Be Gay. Check out the show and my two pence after the jump.












The documentary itself raises some interesting points. The only fountain of knowledge in many African underdeveloped nations among the working class is religion, so if an information source that people take as gospel tell them to hate then they will hate. I grew up in a very homophobic family but then in my early teens when mentally it got to the point where I felt I was suffocating in my sexually and needed to explore things for myself,  I was able to separate the imagery that comes to mind when people think of the word 'gay' versus the reality of what 'gay' actually is. Hats off to Scott Mills for doing what he did and using his celebrity to shine some light on the issue. Let see some international pressure put on ignorant minds.

*Sidenote did the radio interview frustrate anyone other than me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me