Sunday 26 December 2010

Review: Rivers Wash Over Me



So I just got done watching Rivers Wash Over Me. It was a sad watch which ended leaving a lot of questions unanswered. The film touches on race relations, incest abuse, drugs, and growing up gay in the American South, but the problem is just that; it touches. Themes within the movie are not explored enough so after watching the movie you come away feeling a little frustrated.

It did make me think of school days where there were gay people who were born clockable and were loners and used to get troubled by bullies on the regular which helps bring those storylines in the film alive to me. I guess overall what the movie does really well is illustrate the effects of suffering in silence, so if that is your reality, speak to someone.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me