Tuesday 23 November 2010

I am a Queen



Check out the poetry piece by NYC based open mic poet B Yung. This clip stood out to me because it can be digested in two ways. More on my 2 pence and the video of the piece after the jump:







What did you think of the vid? To me, like I have said in a previous poetry post, I am not a big fan of the clique open mic poetry delivery style, but I grinned and beared in because I thought the subject matter was interesting. One way of digesting the piece, is taking it to be about the struggles of being homo and referencing why homos should not be seen as less than.

An alternative standpoint however, according to the youtube comments, is to look at piece as a celebration of women... hmmm.... am I buying what the comments are trying to sell? No.

What is your interpretion of the piece? Post your comments because I am really interested to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Twitter - Follow me